Strategic direction and oversight
- Joint Committee: holds Local London to account and sets its direction. This committee is made up of leaders of our member authorities.
- Chief Executives’ Board: ensures the work of Local London is delivered in line with borough priorities and the budget is on track. The board is made up of chief executives from our member authorities.
Our member borough leaders
Direction is set by elected Leaders of our member authorities via our Joint Committee.
The nine Leaders and Mayor are:
- Cllr Darren Rodwell – Leader of LB Barking & Dagenham
- Cllr Baroness Teresa O’Neill OBE – Leader of LB Bexley (Chairman)
- Cllr Colin Smith – Leader of LB Bromley
- Cllr Nesil Caliskan – Leader of LB Enfield
- Cllr Anthony Okereke – Leader of RB Greenwich
- Rokhsana Fiaz OBE – Mayor of LB Newham
- Cllr Jas Athwal – Leader of LB Redbridge
- Cllr Grace Williams – Leader of LB Waltham Forest
- Cllr Ray Morgon – Leader of LB Havering
Chief Executives of our member authorities
The Chief Executives of our member authorities provide support via our Chief Executives Board.
The nine chief executives are:
- Paul Thorogood – Bexley
- Fiona Taylor – Barking & Dagenham
- Ade Adetosoye CBE – Bromley
- Ian Davis – Enfield
- Debbie Warren – Greenwich
- Andrew Blake-Herbert – Havering
- Abi Gbago – Newham
- Claire Symonds – Redbridge
- Linzi Roberts-Egan – Waltham Forest
There are three boards that bring member boroughs together to oversee and deliver Local London’s work:
- Skills and Employment Board: Oversees the skills strategy and Local London skills and employment programmes. Engages on issues including the new deal for young people, helping Londoners into good work, green jobs and skills.
- Growth and Recovery Board: Oversees the local London e-business and Digital Infrastructure programmes. Engages on topics including infrastructure, digital inclusion, London economic recovery framework and engagement with the economic corridors.
- Programme Board: provides monitoring and risk assurance over our suite of externally funded programmes and seeks out future opportunities that align to our ambitions.
Local London Senior Management Team
Local London’s Senior Management Team are responsible for delivery. They are led by our Director: Sarah Murray, Director
Our programme leads
Local London delivers a range of programmes for residents and businesses in our sub-region.
- Work and Health Programme (WHP) / WHP Job Entry Targeted Support (JETS) / Local London Works – Sarah Jones, Programme Manager
- Careers Hub East – Tracy Eve, Strategic Hub Lead
- E-business for Growth Programme – Stephen O’Leary, Head of Programmes
- Local London Digital Connectivity Programme – Robin Bosworth, Digital Connectivity Strategy Manager
- Local Skills Improvement Planning – Philip Doyle, Senior Policy Manager