Small and medium-sized businesses in East London are being invited to a special virtual event to find out how they can become part of the supply chain for a major new river crossing.
The Lower Thames Crossing is part of the biggest investment in the country’s road network for a generation and an essential component in the UK’s future transport infrastructure.
Highways England is looking to use a supply chain with local SMEs at the core and is putting in place initiatives to help SMEs get in the best possible shape to win work on the project.
On 26 August 2020, Highways England is holding a local supplier briefing aimed at businesses in East London, Kent and Essex who are looking to access opportunities on this major infrastructure development project. At this 1.5-hour online session local businesses will hear from the project and construction experts on what local businesses need to do when to make the most of the available opportunities.
This event will:
- Inform local businesses about the project, its development and next steps
- Outline procurement timeframes
- Set out priorities the project is setting for its supply chain
- Provide details of how to get help and support
By attending local businesses will:
- Understand the procurement timeframes and what they need to do when
- Discover where the opportunities for local businesses to win work are
- Hear an update on the progress of the Lower Thames Crossing project
- Appreciate Highways England requirements from their supply chain
- Understand how to get help to meet these requirements