The marketing push is reaping benefits. Havering is now home to more than 8,300 businesses with 1,000 new enterprises launching every year.
Feted as the tech start-up capital of London, the borough has established construction, retail, engineering and manufacturing sectors.
Havering’s growing network includes:
- business centres
- an established supply chain initiative,
- improving infrastructure through C2C and Crossrail
- 2 Business Improvement Districts at Romford and London Riverside
- bidding for a Heathrow Logistics Hub
- a new partnership with London City Airport
These all point to stellar growth for London’s 3rd-largest borough.
Nearly half the borough’s residents commute within the borough, helping to sustain a strong local economy and an excellent employment rate.
The borough’s key commercial towns of Romford and Rainham have a distinct appeal that attracts a diverse range of businesses.
Council Leader Damian White said: “Havering residents and businesses have a huge amount of enthusiasm for the future. It is such an exciting time to live and work in this borough.”