Our Careers Hub team work with mainstream and special needs secondary schools, colleges and pupil referral units (PRU) to enhance careers programmes and to ensure every young person in our part of London gets the best careers education and experience to enable them to make their best next steps at 16+.
Bringing together business partners, post 16 education providers and careers companies, our team support schools, colleges and PRUs achieve standards set by Gatsby Benchmarks, which is a framework for schools and colleges to deliver high quality careers education and guidance.
The Local London Careers Hub East team supports schools and colleges to achieve Gatsby Benchmarks by:
- Offering a menu of activities that will enhance schools’ and colleges’ careers education programmes.
- Introducing business volunteers, from local and national companies, otherwise known as Enterprise Advisers to schools.
- Organising careers fairs to help young people understand broad range of options.
- Supporting teachers to understand career options for young people.
- Helping young people understand career options in sectors where there is a skills need locally.
- Working with partners including higher education, further education, professional providers and organisations across the sub-region to ensure all eligible schools and colleges receive on-going support to deliver a great careers education programme.
Would you and your company like to inspire young people and your future workforce? Find out more on our careers hub website.
If you are involved in careers education at a school or college, the Careers Hub offers a wide range of information and resources to help you make the most of your careers programme. To request a log in to access all the resources, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more